Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Goodness Gracious!




Its been almost a year since I posted something on this blog and the main reason is that I have not let anyone know about it!

I actually created it for members of the SC to peruse and maybe comment on the ideas and articles so that an online or even realtime dialogue could develop; but for many reasons, too long and complicated to go into (primarily time and inhibition on my part!) I failed to do so.

Anyway, much has taken palce in the vast world called the internet and the latest buzzword is WEB2.

I wonder how any of us are aware of this online phenomena which is creating a HUGE impact. The kinds of applications that are surfacing every week or month is mind boggling. Whether its changing the way we share and use information through social bookmarking, start pages or even how we work through online collaboration, we in education have to prepare ourselves for how these seemingly commercial enterprises will impact us.

Google recently bought over a web2 startup called Writerly (an online word processor) which just as a matter of interest points to WEB3, programmes which can be accessed and used online,meaning people need no longer buy expensive "Office' programmes!

So what are you waiting for?
Get on the next wave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home